- Syphons protect pressure measuring instruments from pulsations in the medium and from excessive heating
- Cooling element for fluids, gases and vapours in pressure measurement
- For direct mounting to the pressure connection of the pressure measuring instrument or to the shut-off device (stopcock or valve) mounted underneath
- Designs per DIN 16282 or to industrial standards
- Permissible temperatures to 400 °C
- Nominal pressures to 160 bar
- Materials: Steel (1.0039, 1.0345) and stainless steel (1.4571)
Syphons per DIN 16282 U-form, form B, and trumpet form, form D, have a welding connection for the pressure tapping on the process side and a threaded connection on the instrument side.
In the industrial standard versions, threaded connections are also available for the pressure tapping on the process side.
U-form syphons are intended for horizontal pressure tapping; trumpet-form syphons are intended for vertical pressure tapping.
Inside the syphon, condensate is collected, which prevents the ingress of hot media into the measuring instrument. We recommend filling the syphon with a cooling separating liquid before commissioning the pressure line. Options
- Other connection threads
- Special pipe for high temperatures and working pressures
- Material: Monel
- 1.4571 stainless steel, oil and grease-free for oxygen service
- 3.1 / 3.2 material test certificate
- Pipe connectors for pressure measuring instruments, see data sheet