Oil Meters are accurate, reliable and economical way of obtaining all the information a user needs to control oil consumption in Generators, Boilers and to measure exact oil receipts.
Wherever oil is received, stored and used,Oil Meters measure, totalise and records flows precisely. oil meters can be installed in the pipeline and would totalise the flow of oil flowing through the line.
|Flow Rate||10 Lt/ Hr – 48M3/ Hr|
|Temperature||Upto 150o C|
|Pressure||0-21 Kg/ cm2 (Optional 40 Kg/ cm2)|
|Viscosity||1000 CP maximum|
|Accuracy||Within +(-) 0.5% (Optional +(-) 0.2%|
|Nominal Bore Size||15 mm, 20 mm, 25 mm, 40 mm, 50 mm, 80 mm|
|Liquids||Petroleum Products (MS, HSD, SKO, LDO, FO, LSHS), Vegetable oils/ solvents and non corrosive liquids|
|Output||Totalisation of flow (Mechanical Counter) – Optional Electronics|
- The size of the Kent Oil Meters for an application should be based on maximum oil flow rate in the pipeline, the pipeline size and pressure available at meter point.
- For unloading of oils under gravity head we recommend use of 80mm size meters. Optionally 50mm meter can also be used.
- For unloading petroleum products by pump, install a50mm/ 80mm oil meter.
- For recording draw offs from storage tanks use 40mm, 50mm or 80mm size meter based on the maximum oil flow rate in the line.
- For monitoring oil consumption, use 15mm, 20mm or 25 mm size kent oil meters based on maximum oil flow rate and the head available. If flowrate is small and the pipeline size is big then reducers should be used.
- Oil Meters are supplied either with screwed ends or flanged ends. For 15mm, 20mm and 25mm size Kent oil Meters, screwed as well as flanged ends are available. The 40mm, 50mm and 80mm size meters are flanged only. Drillings are as per DIN ND10 specifications. optionally other drillings are also available.
- To remove particulate contamination from oil stream a strainer of not less than 100 mesh should be fitted up stream of the meter. Before the meter and filter are fitted, pipelines must be flushed thoroughly. To simplify subsequent servicing it is recommended that each meter and its associated filter are installed with a bypass.
Use of air release system is also essential while unloading petroleum products through a pump. This ensures removal of air from the oil stream which may otherwise cause metering error.
Positive Displacement Type
Among the many flow meter designs available today, it holds the top place both in performance and in field proven appraisement, is must for high viscosity fluids.
Finest Accuracy & Reliability
Exceptional accuracy and reliability are the result of state-of-the-art machining techniques; advanced quality control programs; and the most advanced testing and proving facilities. Typical accuracy is better than +(-) 0.5% of reading indicated. Meters accurate to better than +(-) 0.2% can also be furnished on request.
Low Pressure Drop
Even with high viscosity products, the pressure drop across the meter is very low. The meter can operate even under 1″ head of oil. It is successfully utilised to receive oils; especially diesel, petrol, LDO etc. even while unloading under gravity head without extra source of pumping.
As an optional equipment pulse generators are also available for converting the output into a pulse signal for remote instrumentation and control. Electronic instruments for remote totalization, flow rate indication, batch controlling and computer interface are readily available.
Simple Construction & Easy Maintenance
In contrast to the many designs including traditional ones, the kent oil meters operate on a principle which cannot be simplified any more. the volumetric rotary piston design means that the accuracy is maintained irrespective of the plain in which meter is mounted.
- Parts in contact with the liquid are exceptionally small in number, which means only small pockets are present in the measuring chamber.
- By employing a powerful magnetic coup[ling between the measuring chamber and the register, only one moving part is exposed to the metered fluid. ease of maintenance and long life are the results.
Normally kent oil meters are supplied with mechanical counters and do not require any power source. To assist reading at whatever angle the meter is mounted, the dial can be rotated and locked in any one of the four cardinal positions.
1.Measuring Oil Receipts
Petroleum products like diesel, furnace oil, LDO and LSHS are received in bulk by tank lorries or through railway wagons. The present system of recording the quantity of oil receipt is either by dip-stick measurement or by weighment of tank lorries. Both these methods suffer with inadequate information and unsrupulous pilferage of costly fuels is quite common.
Now, one can install Oil Meter at the receiving point whenever oil is received, exact quntity can be recorded through the meter.
2.Monitoring Oil Consumption
With the continuously rising prices of oil, management of oil consumption is more important then ever. Oil Meters help to monitor oil consumption in oil consuming equipment like diesel generators, boilers, furnaces, thermopack etc. Monitoring of oil consumption in individual equipment on daily basis helps to reduce consumption by taking corrective maintenance action at the earliest.
3. Recording Draw – Off From Storage Tanks
Oil Meters can be installed in the lines supplying oil from main storage tanks to consumption points. They help to record and maintain inventory of costly petroleum products. Kent Oil Meter functions effectively even under gravity head.